Let me explain...
There are many misconceptions when you mention the words chemical and peel, resulting in many people being too intimidated and frightened to go in for their first peel treatment.
The fear of leaving with a bright red face that hurts prevents some from experiencing the many benefits a peel can offer.
When you have a peel at Blush you are in safe hands. All our therapists are knowledgable, experienced and trained in advanced skin treatments. When choosing a peel for your skin, we base the decision on what you would like to achieve and to begin correcting any issues you may be having with your skin, as well as taking into account any past sensitivities your skin may have experienced.
SO WHAT EXACTLY IS A PEEL?
A peel is a solution which we apply to a thoroughly cleansed skin. Most peels will have some form of acid in them (another scary word). Ingredients like Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid and AHA’s are all molecules that when placed on the surface of the skin have the ability to munch their way through redundant skin cells. An analogy I use to help people understand what a peel does is to get you to imagine a piece of toast. A peel can take the toast back to a soft piece of bread.
They really are fantastic things! I have been using peels as a therapist for over 20 years. We have many different peel options with a multitude of different actions that we can choose from. They have changed and progressed over the years with improved and more sophisticated ingredients, which give better results. Most of our facial treatments incorporate peels.
They improve skin texture, fine lines, breakouts and can help to even out skin tone, leaving you with a clearer happier skin.
Peels are easy to work into your busy lifestyle. There is no downtime with the peels we use at Blush — you’ll leave your appointment with a healthy glow and will be able to carry on with your day. There are a few steps to ensure that you gain the best results. Following a post-procedure home care regime recommended by your therapist can and will enhance your results. You should also avoid anything that causes sweating for 24-48 hours after your treatment.
In our treatment menu the peels are a little hidden, so I have included below what each treatment involves. These treatments can be found under the facial heading in our website.
BLUSH QUICK RESULTS FACIAL 45 MINS $112
A treatment where your therapist will choose either microdermabrasion, a peel or a sonophoresis infusion. Great as a course over 6 weeks to improve hydration, lines, wrinkles, and blemishes.
Includes - Double cleanse – Your therapist chooses one modality out of microdermabrasion, a peel or a sonophoresis infusion- Treatment Masque for your skin concern – Facial massage to clear and increase circulation in the skin. - Aromatherapy hot towel compresses - Serums, creams and sun care.
We have many peels that we can choose from to use in this facial. Your therapist will make the choice after doing a brief consultation. Our peels exfoliate the surface of the skin, hydrate and promote healing. We begin to clear blemishes, and infuse ingredients to make a change. (more than one peel is required for significant acne).
Microdermabrasion is a true favourite in the salon. It is an instant feel good treatment as results are immediate. Microdermabrasion works on the surface of your skin intensively exfoliating with tiny crystals. Perfect for polishing pores and giving lines and wrinkles a plumped up look. Microdermabrasion is not for every skin, so ask your therapist if it is right for you.
Our Sonophoresis machine can be used on almost any skin. We infuse ingredients into the skin at the same time as exciting the skin cells. sonophoresis leaves your skin feeling calm, hydrated and wrinkles are plumped.
TAILORED RESULTS 45 MINS $135 | SERIES OF 6 $650
Skilled hands + advanced pro dermal peel. (Here we choose from three enzyme based peels which will exfoliate and nourish the skin) Perfect. This IS the next generation of skin treatments, this is not just a peel to strip the skin back, this is a skin specific blend of high end active vitamins, peptides and antioxidants harmoniously blended with carefully chosen AHA, BHA and enzymes in advanced delivery systems to ensure skin is rebuilt, strengthened and repaired from the inside out.
Includes - Double cleanse - Cranberry exfoliant polishes skin to supremely smooth texture - Aromatic Hot Towel compresses - Exfoliation (a peel will be chosen to benefit your skin) - Alginate Mask to dose skin with nutrients for your skin goals - Repairing Massage melts away tension in neck and shoulders - Aromatherapy hot towel compresses - Serums, creams and sun care.
Add on an LED light to this treatment for only $40 – you will need an extra 20 minutes.
Combining the next generation of skin treatments and LED light therapy means this facial will make a serious impact on your skin. All the high end active vitamins, peptides and antioxidants delivered with the peel and then the energy delivered to the cells with the LED light, what a game changer.
BLUSH ADVANCED 60 MINS $153
Beyond everything you’ve ever experienced in a facial, Blush Advanced utilizes either a Peel OR Microdermabrasion and then our LED light therapy. This facial gives the skin a good buffing and then adds energy to the cells from within.
Includes: - Double cleanse - Exfoliation (via a peel or microdermabrasion) - LED light therapy - arm and hand massage - Treatment Masque for your skin concern - Repairing Massage melts away tension in neck and shoulders - Aromatherapy hot towel compresses - Serums, creams and sun care.
15 tips to glowing and happy skin this summer
If you don't already have a twice daily skincare routine, don't despair, it's never too late. Cleansing your face/upper chest morning and night and following with a hydrator only takes about 5 minutes out of your day. Add in a sunblock on a daily basis after your hydrator and you have an anti-ageing plan in place. To gain results should you already be a master of these basics, add in a serum or two and gently exfoliate once or twice a week. If you need help for a more serious skin concern, or you feel that your youth is slipping away far too rapidly, we are here to help and have many products and treatments available. Here are a few tips that you may or may not have read before, that can help keep your skin happy and healthy.
- Skip the long, steamy showers and opt for shorter, cooler sprays. Long, hot showers strip skin of it's moisture and wash away your own natural protective oils. So limit showers to 10 minutes and keep the water cool. Always apply a moisturiser to your face and body after showering.
- Treat your neck and chest like an extension of your face. Your neck and upper chest area is covered by very sensitive skin, making it a prime spot for telltale signs of ageing such as dryness, pigmentation, broken capillaries and wrinkles. To keep this area youthful, use cleansers that hydrate and cleanse gently rather than soaps and harsh shower gels, which can be drying. Top it all off with a good facial hydrator, and sunblock daily. If this area is extra dry, use a hydraying mask twice a week, or book a facial.
- For soft, youthful-looking hands and feet, slather on a rich body butter and then slip on thin fabric socks and gloves while you sleep.
- Exfoliate your face once or twice a week with a gentle facial scrub, or an enzyme based mask. It is important as the years go by to help your skin rid itself of redundant skin cells, but be gentle. You could potentially be wasting your hydrator by moisturising skin cells that are ready to shed. Exfoliating on a regular basis will keep your skin smoother, clearer and enable your skincare products to penetrate more efficiently.
- Dry body brush daily to keep ingrown hairs and dry skin under control. Before your shower, gently start at the toes and work your way up your body with short strokes. This will help with lymphatic drainage and therefore help with the elimination of toxins in the body and it only takes about 2 minutes.
- If you’re gearing up for a day in the sun, steer clear of perfumes. This can lead to areas of pigmentation when exposed to the sun. Lather yourself in sunblock and reapply as necessary. The sun is our worst enemy not only causing skin cancer, but also premature ageing.
- Go for a run, ride your bike, work out in the garden —anything that gets you sweating. Sweating is nature’s way of eliminating toxic chemicals that can build up under skin. Plus, regular exercise maintains healthy circulation and blood flow throughout your body, including your skin. If you’re exercising outdoors, though, remember to wear a sunblock wherever you are exposed that protects against UVA and UVB rays.
- Switch hydrators every few months. When you introduce new and different active ingredients the skin works harder. When using the same hydrator all year round your skin can get used to it making it less effective.
- In Summer often we require a lighter hydrator for the day, especially if we are prone to perspiring. Often we will still need more hydration at night. Adding in an oil or serum to go hand in hand with you hydrator at night can be the missing link for your skin.
- Avoid these three skin destroyers: Smoking, tanning salons and sunbathing. All three will age your skin prematurely.
- For double skin protection, apply a serum containing vitamin C to your skin either with or before your hydrator. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and helps prevent skin damage, dehydration and wrinkles.
- Use a hydrating mask at home 2-3 times a week. Great to use before a special occasion to keep skin looking plumped and healthy.
- Keep your hands off your face! Because your hands touch so many surfaces, they are full of unhelpful bacteria. Every time you touch your face you transfer everything on your hands to your face.
- Keep up the water intake. In summer when we get dehydrated so does our skin. Try to replace coffee and tea with herbal tea or water. Stop with one glass of wine or one alcoholic drink. Overdoing it enlarges the blood vessels near the surface of your facial skin and over time can lead to broken capillaries.
- Summer brings pollen and hay fever. Try to prevent rubbing your eyes. The skin around your eyes is extremely delicate, especially under your eyes. So be gentle with your face at all times. If your eyes itch, apply a cold compress or washcloth to the area.
If you require advice on your skin and how we can help, please don’t hesitate to send us an email on email@example.com or book a skin consultation. We have many products and treatments that can radically improve the skin. Sometimes it may be a dietary element or poor sleeping that are contributing to your skin health, in a skin consultation we delve into your lifestyle, skincare, water intake, diet, sleep and stress. We take a look holistically to gain the best results. If it anti-aging advice you are after and a plan to slow the wrinkles we have our Dermafrac machine which tackles anti-aging head on, and in March our new Dermapen will be in the salon. We are passionate about helping each and every one of you to find your perfect skin. We only get one skin – look after it because it’s the one thing you can’t replace.